MEGHAN MARKLE ‘PLEADS WITH DAD TO CHANGE HIS MIND’ AND WALK HER DOWN THE AISLE AFTER BEING LEFT DEVASTATED WHEN HE PULLED OUT OF ROYAL WEDDING
Thomas Markle, 73, backed out after claiming to have suffered a ‘heart attack’
MEGHAN Markle has pleaded with her dad to change his mind and walk her down the aisle on Saturday.
Thomas Markle, 73, said he will not be attending his daughter’s marriage to Prince Harry after suffering a heart attack.
A source told The Sun: “Meghan is devastated and wants her father to be there. They’re trying to work this out so he will come after all.”
Prince Harry is said to be blaming himself over the last-minute hitch.
Thomas said he suffered a heart attack six days ago. And last night revealed he was going to check back into hospital after suffering more chest pains.
It comes after he admitted he had been paid to pose for staged paparazzi pictures.
He said he did not want to embarrass either his daughter or the Royals in the wake of his confession.
His no-show revelation which came just four days before the wedding at Windsor’s St George’s Chapel, caught the Palace completely by surprise — throwing its plans into chaos.
Kensington Palace said last night: “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding.
“She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr Markle in this difficult situation.”
Mum Doria, 61, may now have to give her away at Windsor’s St George’s Chapel.
A pal of the Prince’s told the Daily Mail: “The couple have been doing everything they can to help him.
“This is not what she wants. She obviously wants her dad there. And the idea of contemplating him not being there now is not something that she wants to have to do.
“He [Harry] is devastated. He feels like this is another thing in the wake of him… the problems he causes. He feels that anyone who gets associated with his life – this is the price they have to pay.
“He wants to protect her and this is really difficult for him to swallow.”
Reports in the US said he was due to fly to London yesterday but stayed at home due to his heart scare.
Son Thomas Jr, 51, told the Daily Mirror: “Meg will be frantic, she’ll want to know how he is. I’m deeply concerned about him.
“As much as he was dreading all eyes being on him he will not want to cause any embarrassment or deflect attention away from Meghan and Harry’s day.
“He’ll be devastated not to be going but also relieved.”
His no-show revelation has caught the Palace completely by surprise — throwing its plans into chaos.
Thomas, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, was supposed to be flying to London this week to meet the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Wills and Kate at a lunch ahead of the ceremony.
If he sticks to his refusal to attend the wedding Doria, 61, will probably take over his duties.
It is understood Meghan, 36, had already asked her to be on standby in case Thomas was too unwell to come to the UK.